Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America’s prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than forty years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.
Her first novel was Barrett’s Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she’s written more gothics, regencies, romantic suspense, romantic adventure, series romance, suspense, historical romance, paranormal and mainstream contemporary romance for publishers such as Doubleday, Harlequin, Silhouette, Avon, Zebra, St. Martins Press, Berkley, Dell, Pocket Books, Montlake and Fawcett.
She’s won numerous awards, appeared on most bestseller lists, and speaks all over the country. Her general outrageousness has gotten her on Entertainment Tonight, as well as in Vogue, People, USA Today, Women’s Day and countless other national newspapers and magazines.
When she’s not traveling, she’s at home in Northern Vermont with her luscious husband of forty years, an empty nest, five sewing machines, and when she’s not working she’s watching movies, listening to rock and roll and spending far too much time quilting and making doll clothes because she has no intention of ever growing up.
- Romantic Times Romance Pioneer Award 2010
- Author Most Glommed*, 2005 AAR Reader Awards
- Career Achievement in Romantic Suspense, 1998 Romantic Times
- Lifetime Achievement, 1996 RWA
- Career Achievement in Series Romance, 1993 Romantic Times
- Career Achievement in Romantic Adventure, 1992 Romantic Times
- Career Achievement in Romantic Intrigue, 1985 Romantic Times
*Glomming occurs when you discover an author and set about buying up her backlist.